Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

More safari tabs == intermittent stall of keyboard and trackpad

I have been having a very strange problem on my MacBook Pro (2011) since upgrading to Mountain Lion from Lion. And I think I have narrowed down some of the cause, but I would like to know if anyone has further information. Essentially, it began with my keyboard+trackpad stopping from functioning for ~5 second intervals every once in awhile. It became aggrivating and I couldn't stand it. Eventually I began using a blue tooth trackpad to work between an imac and the MacBookPro (using teleport), but that only helped me at work where I have an imac.

Recently I found that the frequency of stalling seems to be directly correlated with the number of tabs open in Safari 6. I previously had ~20 tabs open in a single window and it was stalling ~3 times a minute. Now that I have cut it down to 5 tabs, it seems to happen once every 2 minutes. My thinking is that it may be memory related, but I don't appear to be using much memory. I'll quit safari and use Chrome again for awhile to see how things go.

Also, I think it has occured time to time on all versions of Mountain Lion so far. If yoiu have any thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear it.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 11:01 PM

I wanted to mark this as solved. I actually solved it a long time ago, but forgot about it. The problem was actually related to a fault in an old version of gpg that I was using from macports. I now use OSX keychain instead and I have never had the issue again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2013 11:01 PM in response to dat5h

I wanted to mark this as solved. I actually solved it a long time ago, but forgot about it. The problem was actually related to a fault in an old version of gpg that I was using from macports. I now use OSX keychain instead and I have never had the issue again.

More safari tabs == intermittent stall of keyboard and trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.