Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server 10.8 Can't see AD users

Hi,

I have Mountain Lion Server and I bound the Mac server with Active Directory Windows server, but when I go to Users in Server app on Mac I can't see the AD users and so I can't edit it. On Lion I have seen it.

Nothing help, update to 10.8.1, 10.8.2 even the newest update of Server app to 2.1.

Has anybody any Idea how can I see the AD users in Server app? I need it to change the Home folder, and thats only goes in Server app.

Thanks.

OS X Server

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:17 AM

10 replies

Oct 1, 2012 12:19 AM in response to nick-without-a-name

I try it to rebind but nothing happens.

In all manual is, when I see the users (to time I can't - probably Apple's bug), then I need to go top advance menu in Server app to change the home folder. But I try it in Lion (it should go too) and only a error was the answer. I try augment users, but nothing works like in the apple manuals ...

Have you try to change the home folder for AD users?

How can I expand the AD schema and what is it, how it's work?

Thanks.

Oct 1, 2012 3:10 AM in response to Alfista_SK

First things first! In order to successfully bind your servers, first make sure:

• 1) DNS is working properly, forward AND reverse. All servers and workstations should use the same DNS server for internal resolving.
  • 2) Network time is OK, all servers and workstations are using the same time server. Remember: kerberos,which relies on correct time, is involved in binding.

Server 10.8 Can't see AD users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.