10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2013 8:01 AM by Alfista_SK
Alfista_SK Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

I have Mountain Lion Server and I bound the Mac server with Active Directory Windows server, but when I go to Users in Server app on Mac I can't see the AD users and so I can't edit it. On Lion I have seen it.

Nothing help, update to 10.8.1, 10.8.2 even the newest update of Server app to 2.1.

Has anybody any Idea how can I see the AD users in Server app? I need it to change the Home folder, and thats only goes in Server app.

Thanks.

OS X Server
  • nick-without-a-name Level 1 (0 points)

If the user account resides (is created) on the AD and you did not expand the AD schema with MCX fields, I doubt you can.

I suppose the only way is by using the Windows AD tooling.

Of course you also could try to rebind the Mac server with AD.

• Alfista_SK Level 1 (0 points)

I try it to rebind but nothing happens.

In all manual is, when I see the users (to time I can't - probably Apple's bug), then I need to go top advance menu in Server app to change the home folder. But I try it in Lion (it should go too) and only a error was the answer. I try augment users, but nothing works like in the apple manuals ...

Have you try to change the home folder for AD users?

How can I expand the AD schema and what is it, how it's work?

Thanks.

• nick-without-a-name Level 1 (0 points)

First things first! In order to successfully bind your servers, first make sure:

• 1) DNS is working properly, forward AND reverse. All servers and workstations should use the same DNS server for internal resolving.
    • 2) Network time is OK, all servers and workstations are using the same time server. Remember: kerberos,which relies on correct time, is involved in binding.

I have DNS on AD server and is OK ant the time is OK too.

The clients can log on clients machines, but I have wrong home folders.

And this I need to change on Mac server with access to services too.

• X4v13rs Level 1 (0 points)

Hello, I having the same problem, just wondering if you ever got this resolve and if you did how?

Thanx!

Hi, after 2.2 update I see the AD users but I still have problems to make golden triangle where I can change home folders for apple users, that they are on mac.

• X4v13rs Level 1 (0 points)

are you using profile manager with it are you able to push profiles to the active directory users?

thnx for replying.

No I don't used it now and I haven't tested it.

I would like if I can give home folder to the AD users who work on macs.

• aguiness Level 1 (0 points)

you can no longer do this on a mac server as augmented records like that no longer work , there are changes to AD that can now make this happen

why get mac users to access different homes ,

I know that there isn't more support for augmented users ....

I tested  that the home folders where on AD server but there where some problems with permissions and authorisations, but it works.

I would like to do it while mac beter works with owns data and permissions.