Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth iPad to iPad

How to Bluetooth iPad to iPad

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:33 AM

17 replies

Sep 26, 2012 5:25 AM in response to jo.geeves

This is not a feature of iphone, iPad or iOS, never has been.

Bluetooth is supported for stereo headsets/speakers, handsfree

telephone devices/headsets, some keyboards,

some peer-to-peer apps from the app store and internet tethering

where provided by the carrier.

Other than this it will not connect to a phone/computer/device.

(thanks to ckuan for the wording)

Dec 6, 2012 12:29 PM in response to jo.geeves

Unfortunately although Bluetooth is listed on your product, this feature is not accessible. however, after encountering this problem myself, I found an app called "Bump" it is free available in the app store. You simply bump the devices together and the files are available on the other device. Also, although I am unsure if this is still currently working, you can do "long distance bumps" where you can send files to another device within a certain radius!

Hope I helped :)

Mar 25, 2014 11:00 AM in response to Ali_Husain

Since your new, I will just point out, that this is a 2 year old thread With the last post being in December of last year. So not really useful for the orioginal poster.

To clarify for future readers:

When this post was started there was no way to transfer files through bluetooth.

Now, more modern iPads have AirDrop which uses bluetooth to look for other devices, but uses Wifi to actually transfer the file.

Basically direct Bluetooth file transfer has never been possible on iPads or iPhones.

Bluetooth iPad to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.