Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps is awful. How do i move the fricking pin?

First off, very excited to see turn by turn in maps. Never used google maps because it didn't have that and never like google maps in the firstplace. Street view is cool, but the directions sucked. That's what GPS's are for. BUT I started to use the new maps app ansd two addresses i typed in were at least a 1/2 mile apart. SO I "report problem" amd try to move the pin t the correct location. BUT I can't move the fricking pin!!! CLick zoom, click move the backgroung map, click zoom, click zoom!! ***!?!?!? it's almost like it doesn't want to move to where it actually should and asking no, you know where i should be, so i'm staying here...

VERY frustrating.

Maps is awful, but i want to help and can't ... THis should'nt have been released until at the very least the thing was more accurate than a 1/2 mile.

I guess i still won't be using the maps feature. Never liked it before so not a big deal, but come on! WHen this istouted as spectacular and it ***** this bad, Apple will be losing a lot of business and end up being thrown under the bus.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 8:25 AM

1 reply

Aug 10, 2016 1:45 PM in response to Paulman!

I shared your frustration until I figured it out. It is far from intuitive.

Once you go into Report an issue > Location incorrect, you have to tap-and-hold the pin using three fingers. After holding for about half a second, the pin will jump up and moving your fingers on the trackpad will move only the pin against the stationary background map/image.

Hope this helps!

Maps is awful. How do i move the fricking pin?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.