Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain settings are greyed out after updating to iOS 6

Hello,

I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem and so I thought I'd try my luck here. After updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 6, if I go to General-> Settings, my iCloud is greyed out, along with the switch to turn on iMessages, Facetime is greyed out along with the Facebook & Twitter.

The only restrictions on my phone is being unable to delete my profile. I have my phone managed with the Casper Suite, but I manage it myself and do not have any policies on it.

I did have the issue where I "couldn't connect to the iTunes store" but I fixed that (probably not related, but just in case).

I have tried doing a hard reset on my phone twice, and that has not helped my issue. I realize I could restore my phone, but I really don't want to lose the data on some of my apps (including some things that were purchased in the apps). Any other ideas?

TL;DR: Facetime, iMessages, iCloud, Facebook, and Twitter are all greyed out under my settings after updating to iOS 6, and I don't know how to "un-grey" them.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 8:53 AM

14 replies

Sep 22, 2012 4:12 AM in response to Kelly W

I fixed it!!! Okay...I was very upset that apple I believed took control of my phone and disabled settings I was able to use previous to the update 6 most importantly; facetime, Facebook intergration, iMessage and twitter.

Here's what to do :) yay!

--go into settings

--go into restrictions

--Disable restrictions

--that's it!!!

That's it? Seriously? Wow.. I never changed them in the first place so why would I think to redo it? Anyways EVERYTHING in my updated iphone 4 is under my control :)

Whew! What a relief; I wanted so badly to reverse the update...until now.

Let me knowing it works for anyone :)

Nikki

Certain settings are greyed out after updating to iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.