Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photostreams.exe stopped working (crash) after iCloud Control Panel 2.0 install win 7 - help!

Just installed iCloud Control Panel 2.0 on Win 7 (fully up to date) and on restart "Apple Photostreams.exe has stopped working". Cannot enable Photostream. Anyone else solve this?

PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 9:13 AM

11 replies

Sep 23, 2012 12:08 PM in response to JosephWit

Just a reminder - if you are using iCloud with Outlook in Windows 7, when you re-install iCloud, be sure to select NOT to upload and merge your Outlook contacts - they are already there, and I am pretty sure that would result in duplicates (unless the merge is really smart). I deselected all the checkboxes to upload from Outlook, and the result was perfect. Photostream works and the control panel works fine. 🙂

Oct 3, 2012 4:17 PM in response to JosephWit

Yup! iCloud keep crashing Explorer.exe for me on Windows 7 x64. This was from a fresh install of iCloud 2.0, I never had any iCloud or PhotoStream installed. I installed it from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455.

I read a few posts on this forum and tried the solution of:

1) Open iCloud

2) Uncheck "Photo Stream" checkbox

3) Click "Apply" button.

4) Recheck "Photo Stream" checkbox

5) Click "Close"

During the course of these steps, Explorer.exe crashed again, but I was able to complete the steps.

photostreams.exe stopped working (crash) after iCloud Control Panel 2.0 install win 7 - help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.