Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

automatically logging out

Hello,

I have a Mac Book Pro Retina Mid 2012. Mountain lion 10.8.2

Since I installed 10.8.2 sometimes when I am charging it heats up / logging out. (i am not sure if it is a restart or log out)

It happened to me twice now since I put 10.8.2 24 hours ago.

Anyone experencing a similar problem

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 11:15 AM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2012 4:55 AM in response to vnmm

Hi,

I'm affected, too. This is a very annoying issue!

Without any warning, MacOS is logging me out (all apps closing and the login screen appear).

I've checked my hard drive for errors and file-access errors:

http://pastebin.com/VPEjWHrU

But I think this is not related.

--

MacBook 6,1 - 10.8.2

=========== EDIT ===========

I've checked the Console for errors and found a loginwindow crash: http://cl.ly/1N072X2n190H

This is the exact time when it occurs.

@Threadstarter: Please, open the Console-app and look for a System-Diagnosticreport named 'loginwindow_2012-xx-xx-xxxxxx_*MacBookName*'. Do you have one?

Sep 27, 2012 1:06 PM in response to vnmm

I've had the same problem - people suspect the graphics switching from one card to another causes the issue, but I tried using gfxCardStatus and that did not prevent the random logouts. Other people speculated it was the scaled resolutions, and that using "Best for Retina" fixed it. I tried using that resolution as well as the 1920x1200 I wanted, but both got the crashes.

The only solution that has worked for me so far is to work at the native resolution (2880x1800) and blow up windows to a more comfortable zoom level. I've been using SetRes to do so - you can find it if you search for SetResX download and follow the osxdaily link.

I am using 10.7.4, but I believe the errors persist across all Lions.

automatically logging out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.