Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does pictures shared in Shared Photostream either by me or others gets deleted by Apple like Photostream after it reaches certain amount of pictures or over i.e. 30 days?

I understand if I share pictures or album with Shared Photostream, then only me can add and delete the pictures or album from Shared Photostream. What I don't understand is whether the pictures or album shared are limited as per Photostream itself in this case 1000 pictures or 30 days old... Which ever comes first. Apple says that shared photos does not count towards my iCloud storage but it doesn't explain if these pictures are limited and/or save onto the iPhone/iPad etc or in the cloud. Or they simply remain active until (If I was the one sharing the albums or pictures) I delete them in which case will also be deleted from everyone else's iOS/Mac etc devices...?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 11:04 AM

3 replies

Sep 21, 2012 2:42 PM in response to DarrenUK

I've just checked my iPad usage in setting(which is actually where I am sharing my photostreams from) and what I didn't realise is the pictures shared is saved on to the person sharing them devices. This however is not saved on to your subscribers devices as they are merely viewing them(if you like) they can save these pictures onto their devices like you would do with Photostream however. Still haven't answered my original query but knowing that at least tells me that it won't be deleted... Could be wrong but until someone with the know tells me otherwise......

Does pictures shared in Shared Photostream either by me or others gets deleted by Apple like Photostream after it reaches certain amount of pictures or over i.e. 30 days?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.