Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes syncs all different podcasts into one big podcast where all the tracks are shuffled

I work as an English teacher and play audio for my students on an ipad. Thus i don't carry all of my CDs around but copy them to iTunes as podcasts and then download to ipad. I use multiple cds and also have my own podcasts not connected with work.

The problem is that since the new "podcasts app" ipad's been putting ALL of my 1000 something tracks from DIFFERENT CDs into one huge podcast. The funny thing is that everytime it chooses different label from my class CD collection and puts it as a shared label for all of the tracks.

I tried deleting all of the tracks and syncing them again but it didn't work.

Maybe there is something I do wrong? Or is it just the app to blame and there's nothing i can do?

I'd really appreciate a piece of help from someone who's already faced such trouble.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 11:15 AM

2 replies

Sep 21, 2012 1:40 PM in response to nastasya_be

I don't have the solution but think I share your issue.

I have created various collections of podcasts, they have their own titles, artwork and as far as I can tell all relevant info added.

Previously I would transfer selected casts and they would appear under their collection title and artwork on my phone or iPad respectively.

Now regardless of the fact that there is seemingly not even one line of text within the "get info" boxes that match across collections upon transferring they are all bundled under one cover and listed together.

Strangely if I click on the podcast section of my device when connected to iTunes they are shown as separate collections just not on the devices themselves.

This does not seem to happen with casts downloaded from iTunes but only my own collections and seems to me to be an issue with the new podcast app ability to sort them. Maybe there is as certain section of info that needs to be filled in to ensure they are listed correctly. I've tried various combinations but can't seem to get it to work.

If I figure it out I will update here. But if anyone can help???

Sep 25, 2012 3:47 AM in response to nastasya_be

Same problem for me, and has been this way since the product was launched.

I download some radio shows as podcasts manually and drop them into the folder "automatically add to itunes" - then once in itunes, I manually change the media type to Podcasts.

This puts them into the Podcasts section of iTunes and also used to sync with the Music App on the iPhone and put them into the Podcasts section of the app, each with their own artwork and each with their own entry.

When using the Podcasts app on the iPhone, each Podcast that has been subscribed to via iTunes music store features individually as you would expect. However each of those that have been manually added are all stored under one entry.. so for example I now have about five different programmes under the header of one programme name.

I don't know why it would be stored corrrectly in iTunes and the Music App (when I was able to access my Podcasts via the Music App) but not in Podcasts. I am hoping this will be sorted soon.

iTunes syncs all different podcasts into one big podcast where all the tracks are shuffled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.