Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Purchase Gotcha

I ordered iPhone 5 32gb black AT&T as an upgrade ($299) at 5am ET on pre-order day. By that point, my delivery was already October 5.

On launch day, I went to the Apple Store at Garden State Plaza (Paramus, NJ) where at 11am the line was under 1 hour and there was still ample inventory available.

However, I was informed by Apple rep that cancelling the pre-order was not all that simple. True, I could cancel the pre-order with Apple, but since the upgrade eligibility needed to be validated through AT&T, it would take AT&T's system between 48-72 hours to release the pre-ordered upgrade so that I would not be charged full price for the phone. My choices were either to cancel, wait until Monday or Tuesday for release to clear and take my chances on inventory. Or, just wait another two weeks until I receive the pre-ordered phone. I opted to wait for the pre-order.

Is this valid information from the Apple Store representative?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:09 PM

Yes.

1 reply

iPhone 5 Purchase Gotcha

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.