Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Better Parental Controls?

Is there any way to create better Parental Controls for the iPhone?

I'm talking specifically about Safari. It seems as though it's either on or off. Nothing else can be done.

It's unfortunate that the way the iOS works, so much requires the use of Safari. If you turn it off, it cripples A LOT in the iOS. It seems like they should have a way to disable Private Browsing and the ability to Delete History and then the problem is solved.

I realize that there are other Safe Browsers available. However, they will not open directly from links in email, news from Stocks and many other locations.

Is there any way to create an app to do something like this or would it have to be done in the iOS by Apple itself?

Thanks in advance.

Tracy

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:26 PM

3 replies

Sep 21, 2012 12:56 PM in response to modular747

Thanks for the reply and link.

I have posted there once before. It seems like this would be a very common thing for people to want inside of the iOS. I've looked at almost every safe browser available in the app store and they all seem to be a bit buggy.

If Apple added these simple tweaks then the problem would be solved. I probably should start thinking through ideas on how to get attention to this issue. I'm afraid that a simple post to their Feedback section will probably just go unnoticed.

Thanks again.

Better Parental Controls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.