Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 5 Display (colored static)

Is anyone seeing colored static randomly on IPHONE 5 display? This has happened twice in the last 5 hours...One the location services icon in the top right was covered in multi-color static. I also had a colored static line across the center of the display while in the App Store.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:26 PM

This is normal. When it draws graphics, you will occasionally see this. It also happens on the 4s.

4 replies

Sep 24, 2012 9:58 AM in response to mattmattics

I don't think this is normal at all. I just talked to Verizon about it. they want me to take the phone to a store to confirm the screen has no physical external damage. Once they do that, a replacement is on the way. Mine happens mostly in the bottom 25% of the screen. You can see videos of this on YouTube if you search for iphone 5 static screen

IPHONE 5 Display (colored static)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.