Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just downloaded the newest up date for ios 6 and connected my iphone 4 and its coming up with error message (0XE8000084) can any one help resolve this issue

I have just downloaded IOS6 on to itunes, and connected my iphone 4 to PC and have an error message come up stating iTunes could not connect to this iphone An unknown error occured (0XE8000084) can any one help to resolve this issue.

Thank you

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:32 PM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2012 8:57 AM in response to cazb1962

this is just my fix, i am running wxp he sp3. i have updated my ios to 6 on my phone and to 10.7 in itunes, i have found that every time you reboot your computer that you have to stop and restart the apple mobile device and the ipod service under services in computer management also x out of itunes and replug your phone back in now itunes will open automaticly and find your phone. kind of a pain but until apple fixes it itl have to do.

I have just downloaded the newest up date for ios 6 and connected my iphone 4 and its coming up with error message (0XE8000084) can any one help resolve this issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.