Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security... urgent!

I accidentally opened a spam link in Safari... It redirected me to a FB page (I can't confirm if it was the real one) and asked me to login. I immediately closed Safari and removed cookies, pref etc. I've checked the url with scans online and it apperas to be a generic spam link.

My concern is JS. Is there a way to check if I'm running some sort of malware? What should I do?

Thank you.

P.S. I'm running 10.6.8

 MacBook Pro Penryn

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:26 PM

ClamXav

User uploaded file

4 replies

Sep 21, 2012 3:06 PM in response to Advanced User

Advanced User wrote:

I accidentally opened a spam link in Safari... It redirected me to a FB page (I can't confirm if it was the real one) and asked me to login. I immediately closed Safari and removed cookies, pref etc. I've checked the url with scans online and it apperas to be a generic spam link.

My concern is JS.

Although there are over 1300 JavaScript malware definitions in the ClamAV database, none of them are known to impact OS X, so you should not be concerned. The majority of them simply redirect you to another site and those that attempt to install Trojan's are almost all Windows malware. If ClamXav finds any they will almost certainly be in your browser cache where they can't do anything.

Security... urgent!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.