Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ever since IOS 6, My iPhone 3GS has been losing signal and ect.

So I've been getting a lot of signal drops now and my phone send texts really slow I have 2 bars of 3G and it takes up to 5+ minuets to send them😟. This wouldnt happen on IOS 5.1.1 with 1 bar of 3G so is anyone else experiencing this?😕

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:49 PM

9 replies

Sep 21, 2012 3:33 PM in response to Alberto530

I'm having the same issues with poor service! Plus issues with it connecting to wifi at my home and office. Never had problems before with it running slow but now it runs slow takes forever to send text and to connect with wifi. It is a new phone though, I had it replaced a few days ago. Could it be that it just needs more time to get "familiar" with my wifi??

Sep 21, 2012 3:55 PM in response to Alberto530

Same here, I've been getting ropey service all day today after upgrading to iOS 6 last night. My phone has switched itself off every couple of minutes for the last two to three hours tonight. Battery isn't an issue because I have plenty of indicated life left in it. on 5.1.1 I was able to run it down to 2% before it shut down due to lack of power, but now it's only just gotten down to 12% and has switched off and unwilling to switch back on until plugged into a power source. I'm also noticing the increase in temperature even on a phone call only lasting a couple of minutes.

Oct 7, 2012 11:29 AM in response to Alberto530

Same here - since iOS 6 I have to reset my Network Settings at least once a day - goes from 4 bars to no service and won't reconnect until I do the reset. It seems to be worse if I have my hand wrapping the base. Also, during a recent trip, I found wireless hit and miss - very frustrating.

My new iPhone 5 should arrive on Tuesday so hopefully reception will improve. 😕

Ever since IOS 6, My iPhone 3GS has been losing signal and ect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.