Skip navigation

iPad1 IOS 5.1.1 - "Updates" - "Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

664 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 1:52 PM by Texas Mac Man RSS
William H. Magill1 Level 2 Level 2 (200 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 21, 2012 1:26 PM

iPad1 IOS 5.1.1 - "Updates" "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" -

My App Store icon shows 2 updates pending. However, when I launch that app and touch "updates," I get the above message. Everything else appears to work fine. I can browse the store, see all my purchased apps, etc. Just can't see any "Updates."

I normally Update the iPad via my 27 inch iMac, and most recently updated 27 apps on my iPhone 3G and iPad just prior to updating the iPhone to IOS 6.

The only "glitch" I encountered was that the update to iCards for the iPad was not happy with the version of IOS on the iPad... it wanted a newer version. Not an unexpected error.

This is strictly about the iPad and the "App Store" application on the iPad. Wi-fi connectivity works fine for everything and, as I mentioned, everything but the "update" function in the App Store appears to work fine.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, iPad I

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.