Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted some important messages in WhatsApp. How can I recover that

I deleted some important messages and want to recover them. How can I undo my mistake. Mark

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 5:26 PM

13 replies

Jul 26, 2017 11:43 PM in response to Mark SDM

WhatsApp messages are not stored on their servers but you can restore your iCloud backup to recover your deleted messages, as described in the how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone article.

First is to check out the last backup time (WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup). If the last backup time is earlier than you deleted your messages, then delete and reinstall the App, or clear all your WhatsApp data and log in again. Then follow the prompts to restore your backup files after verifying your phone number.

Otherwise, if you have created backup files on iTunes regularly, you can try to restore the whole backup files on iTunes. But in this way, all your current data will be erased and replaced by the content of backup file.

For further reference, I would suggest you set up to automatically backup your WhatsApp messages to iTunes or Cloud. Hope this can do a favor for you!

Dec 18, 2014 12:38 AM in response to Mark SDM

Actually, you can recover lost Whatsapp Messages of iPhone in 2 different ways:

If you have ever synced before you deleted data, you can scan and extract iTunes backup to recover Whatsapp Messages from your iPhone.

If you don't synced, you can directly scan and recover deleted Whatsapp Messages from your iPhone 4S. However, you need the help of iPhone recovery tool, otherwise you will not be able to do.

I hope it can help you!

Mar 3, 2015 12:06 AM in response to Mark SDM

If you have recently backed up to iTunes I think you can just recover WhatsApp messages from iPhone older back up and get them back. Just go to iTunes,

Connect your iPhone, right click on it at the sidebar and choose restore from backup. If you are using iCloud you can go to Settings -> General -> Restore -> All data and settings. Then when you are setting up your iPhone like when you got it you can use your backup to get your data back.

I deleted some important messages in WhatsApp. How can I recover that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.