Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to load data class from sync services error, when syncing my ipod

I am unable to load data classes from sync services whwn trying to sync my ipod

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 5:28 PM

8 replies

Oct 22, 2012 3:40 AM in response to rayscony

I see this problem all the time.

I have multiple users on my Windows Vista computer (me, my wife, 2 kids). We are using the latest iTunes. Everything is patched and upgraded.

We each have different iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touches, iPad). One of us uses iTunes to sync their device. Then they close iTunes. But instead of logging out, we do a "switch user". The next person who tries to sync their device gets the error "iTunes was unable to load data class information from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later." We have to log out the last person who used iTunes, and usually power cycle the iOS device.

We do not have this problem if everybody logs out completely instead of doing a "switch user". Like I said, we ARE closing iTunes. It's a hassle to log everybody out, because usually the last person has browser windows open, etc. that they don't want to close yet.

This is really annoying.

Apr 30, 2014 12:58 PM in response to rayscony

I've tried everything Apple (and others) have suggested with no luck.

I'm running a Verizon iPad2 with 7.1.1 and have the latest version of iTunes installed. My machine is a Windows 8 64-bit environment and I have no other USB devices plugged in besides my keyboard and mouse (Logitech unifying receiver for wireless).

I've done the reset sync history suggestion, I'm the only person logged onto this machine, and I still... just... don't... get it.

May 3, 2014 12:33 AM in response to rayscony

If some Apple-technician reads this, you really have to act seriously and bring the message further into your company: This is just so bad. I have struggled with this problem in various versions and somehow managed to solve it each time, but now I have Itunes 11.1.5.5 and the problem persists as no earlier trick will solve it. This is just incredible annoying and now I cannot make backup of our familys 2 ipads or 2 iphones. As a software developer myself I find it incredible horrible that a software that is used by millions of users all over the world, have such bugs like this. In my company I would loose all my clients for this. I read all over the net that Apple-users have the same problem. If your devices was priced $10 i wouldnt bother complaining, but seriously, i have apple-devices worth thousands of dollars and i cannot make the needed backup or sync because of a software-bug your lousy team can't manage to fix. Shame on you, Apple. Big shame on you.

May 9, 2014 12:01 PM in response to rayscony

Everything was going well formerly, no issues like this, that was why I chose Apple. But after downloading the new iTunes ios 7.1.1, iTunes would not sync with Outlook 2007 and also with IE bookmarks. So now can't use my iPhone 5 and iPad for planning purposes. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Outlook and iTunes to no avail. I don't think it is a problem with Outlook since Internet Explorer bookmarks are not syncing as well. As of date, the solution on the issue on the link posted on this page did not solve my problem. I use apple products for the ability to sync with outlook flawlessly in a plug and forget manner and take this issue to be a very important one. Oh one last thing (bonus), if you just go under the 'info' tab of your iPad or iPhone and change SYNC NOTES WITH from 'item 1' to 'item 2' and click 'switch' on the prompt, the whole iTunes app crashes. So there you go, Windows 8.1 Pro here.

unable to load data class from sync services error, when syncing my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.