Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I activate 4G LTE on my iPhone 5? I have the LTE enabled in the setting, but it isn't working

Setting, but it still isn't working

iPhone 5, iOS 6, Verizon Wireless

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 6:00 PM

19 replies

Sep 21, 2012 7:06 PM in response to mikgab

I'm having the exact same issue with my new iPhone 5 on the Telus/Bell LTE network. If I cycle the phone's power, it will connect to LTE initially, but switches to 3G after 10-15 seconds.

Absolutely no LTE service in Burlington, Hamilton, and Stoney Creek -- even though all are clearly under the LTE "cloud" on both Bell & Telus service map.

Again, iPhone 5 is only connecting at 3G.

I called Telus technical support and, like your experience with Bell, they have no idea why it's not staying connected at LTE. They suggested the network could be overloaded because of today's iPhone launch, but that isn't reassuring since people will still be using their new phones after today 😟

Sep 22, 2012 10:53 AM in response to Mikexchim

Hey guys

I have solved my issues, seems as though bells LTE coverage isn't quite as vast as displayed on the LTE service map.

I drove around a bit in Nepean (near Ottawa) and received LTE when I drove closer to the city.

Still only getting either 3G or LTE, no 4G.

I will be callin bell to complain about the inaccuracy of their LTE service map.

Cheers

M

Sep 25, 2012 1:18 PM in response to Tractor

Hello Everyone,

This is my 1st post. I also have a bell iphone 5 that is connecting to 3g only. I have done all your suggestions ie network reset, remove sim, device restore etc... and LTE does come on for about 10 to 15 seconds and still switches back to 3g. (Yes, I do live in a LTE area)

Here is some info I have found...Bell, Rogers, Telus are all having issues with iphone 5 LTE connectivety. However a lucky few iphone 5 customers are not having any issues with LTE.

Now, Android LTE devices on the Bell network (can't verify rogers or telus) in my area (actually right beside me in my house) has no issues with LTE connectivety, it is at full strength.

I have read many posts as I am sure most of you have that Bell Rogers etc are not the only carriers with this issue, carriers in the United States are having the same issues.

My conclusion is that its not a LTE network problem or a carrier misleading its customers for LTE coverage, it has to be a iphone 5 problem, not sure if iOS 6 reverts back to 3g if it thinks the signal is stronger or something is missing in the iOS 6 LTE protocol.

I am hoping there will be an update to iOS 6 to fix it soon and I am praying its not a faultiy hardware issue, fingers crossed.

Cheers

James

How do I activate 4G LTE on my iPhone 5? I have the LTE enabled in the setting, but it isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.