Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube AirPlay from ipad 2 with iOS 6

Since updating to iOS 6 on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S I can not airplay YouTube to ATV3. There is no you tube app for ipad right now either. I tried from safari on ipad and there is no Air play icon available. When using the iPhone app for you tube on either iPhone or ipd it says to enable mirroring. This is not a good option. I know the ATV3 has a native YouTube app, and it works great, but I miss being able to use air play from my devices. Is this a google not implementing air play in their app?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 6:01 PM

23 replies

Sep 21, 2012 8:42 PM in response to tnbarlow

Even if you download the YouTube app from the AppStore AirPlay doesn't work. We use AirPlay allllllll the time from our phones to our plasma and it has been one of my biggest selling points to friends why they should buy an ATV. Unfortunately it seems that Apple is dismantling the Eco-system they have been so careful to build. I don't think this is a bug but is consistent with apples new anti-google policy.

I hate to admit it, but with the iPhone 5 and ios6, I think the emperor has no clothes.

Nov 11, 2012 4:32 PM in response to Chunkybaby

After reading several days day so many different threads - all of them whining and complaining - and I was for the first time really sad - about Apple are perhaps changing a winning horse.

The Apple eco environment with Airplay at the top - all works perfect together - now Apple is playing russian roulette... it will be unforgivable and stupid on a large scale.
We are buying now special speakers in all rooms in our Institute and at home, based on Airplay. Our Trainers using exclusive iPad combined with projector - to show short films and play some music when needed. All this whiped out overnight? The whole musicindustry is turning towards iPhone and iPad and a new 8 pin connector already gives shockwaves through the industry and the users. But a little adaptor did solve this issue.

My problem today get solved by reading a suggetion:

"Make sure both the computer and iPad are on the same wireless network"

Of corse I'm on the same network... But my iPad was actually not. Checking this for first time since buying the device, did show surprisingly another network.

I did not imaging, this could be the cause. Obvious, after updating to iOS 6, the iPad was jumping to my Guest-network and out of reach for Airplay. I was still on Internet and everything was working as usual. iPhone the same thing. After changing back to my closed network, the icons appear nicely again.

It realy did save my day. And thank you Apple not letting us down. The Android Fanboys begann rubbing their hands... gloatingly... But it works perfect guys! Just a little confusion...😕

Cheers

YouTube AirPlay from ipad 2 with iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.