Previous 1 2 Next 22 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2013 5:33 PM by kkarc
Wengib Level 1 (0 points)

I updated to iOS6 and noticed my podcast playlist disappeared. I listen to a number of programs while I run long distance and do not want to stop, find the next podcast, then forward. Suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, iTunes U
  • Lizarrd Level 1 (0 points)

I've got the same problem, except I hook my iPhone to my car stereo for the long commute to work. My iTunes is set up to a smart playlist so all I have to do is plug in my phone to my computer in the morning before I head off and I'm ready to go. Well, at least I used to be ready:(

• doclochte Level 2 (330 points)

Download the podcast app in the app store...its all there still, they just moved the data.

• Diavonex Level 9 (66,545 points)

Did you look inside the Podcast App?

Yes, I downloaded the podcast app. But the play list is what's missing. The smart playlist that used organize all my podcasts for one long simple listen is gone and there's no way to set that up anymore. My Honda was set up so all I had to do was plug in my iPhone to the USB cable and my playlist would show up on the display of my car stereo. Now  it's empty and I can't access my smart playlist through my car stereo. I can't even access it through the iPhone and just let it play on its own. It's the smart playlist for my podcast that's missing. Anybody have any ideas of how to set that up Or is this option just simply deprecated?

I found another anomaly. I subscribe to Audible and my Audible New York Times podcast shows up in my iTunes playlist but not in the Podcast app. What's up with that?

• Wengib Level 1 (0 points)

It's a small pleasure but so important! The developers who changed this have no idea how disruptive this change is now.

I have that, but how do you make the playlist? I don't want to have to stop and click the forward button to move to the next program.

Can't find how to make a smart playlist within the app.

I use my playlist to help train for marathons. I run or bike for 90 minutes to 2 hours at a time. I don't want to have to stop, find the forward button, click it to manually move to the next program, then start running again. Very unhappy about this change.

• GabrielW Level 1 (0 points)

I also have the same problem. I realize this was a first release of the Podcast app but they should have left a legacy way to load playlists in the music app. I would really like to see the Podcast app developed to include user defined playlists!

• janicke73 Level 1 (0 points)

this change is driving me crazy! I never used the smart playlist, since I don't just want the "iPod" in my phone to play "all podcasts I haven't yet listened to", I want to hear them in my selected order of "urgency". for example BBC:s global news come out twice a day so they of course get priority over the movie podcast that coumes out once a week and the documentary that comes out once a month. since I listen to podcasts for hours and hours per day - while doing all my chores, driving and on dogwalks - it would mean a lot of unpractical or even dangerous maneuvres to pull up the podcast app & press play again

I have tried (and paid for) a couple apps this past week, but they do not create a smart playlist that is easy to list all the podcasts I am interested in listening to over a period of time.

• Thanosvz Level 1 (0 points)

Very bad change, pists me off !! Generally all music player change, colours, podcasts, bars, etc.

Without Steve they will start do mistakes I think !

• Katie Catherine Level 1 (0 points)

This totally *****! I want my podcast playlist BACK. This iPhone is slowly becoming a useless brick to me. I do not want to have to download my podcasts on my phone and wait for everything to download. Last time I checked, I don't have an unlimited data plan with my carrier. I want to download podcasts on my computer (a PC by the way) via iTunes and move my playlist over to my iPhone. I listen to my podcast playlist while I'm at the gym which has ZERO internet connection. PLUS I don't want to have to find each podcast and click on it to listen to it. I have a playlist set up for a reason.

Previous 1 2 Next