Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to my podcast playlist in iOS6?

I updated to iOS6 and noticed my podcast playlist disappeared. I listen to a number of programs while I run long distance and do not want to stop, find the next podcast, then forward. Suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, iTunes U

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:07 PM

22 replies

Sep 21, 2012 10:32 PM in response to Diavonex

Yes, I downloaded the podcast app. But the play list is what's missing. The smart playlist that used organize all my podcasts for one long simple listen is gone and there's no way to set that up anymore. My Honda was set up so all I had to do was plug in my iPhone to the USB cable and my playlist would show up on the display of my car stereo. Now it's empty and I can't access my smart playlist through my car stereo. I can't even access it through the iPhone and just let it play on its own. It's the smart playlist for my podcast that's missing. Anybody have any ideas of how to set that up Or is this option just simply deprecated?

Sep 27, 2012 2:41 PM in response to Wengib

this change is driving me crazy! I never used the smart playlist, since I don't just want the "iPod" in my phone to play "all podcasts I haven't yet listened to", I want to hear them in my selected order of "urgency". for example BBC:s global news come out twice a day so they of course get priority over the movie podcast that coumes out once a week and the documentary that comes out once a month. since I listen to podcasts for hours and hours per day - while doing all my chores, driving and on dogwalks - it would mean a lot of unpractical or even dangerous maneuvres to pull up the podcast app & press play again 😢

Oct 19, 2012 8:29 AM in response to Wengib

This totally *****! I want my podcast playlist BACK. This iPhone is slowly becoming a useless brick to me. I do not want to have to download my podcasts on my phone and wait for everything to download. Last time I checked, I don't have an unlimited data plan with my carrier. I want to download podcasts on my computer (a PC by the way) via iTunes and move my playlist over to my iPhone. I listen to my podcast playlist while I'm at the gym which has ZERO internet connection. PLUS I don't want to have to find each podcast and click on it to listen to it. I have a playlist set up for a reason.

What happened to my podcast playlist in iOS6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.