Skip navigation

What happened to my podcast playlist in iOS6?

4363 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2013 5:33 PM by kkarc RSS
1 2 Previous Next
Wengib Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 21, 2012 7:07 PM

I updated to iOS6 and noticed my podcast playlist disappeared. I listen to a number of programs while I run long distance and do not want to stop, find the next podcast, then forward. Suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, iTunes U
  • Lizarrd Calculating status...
    Sep 21, 2012 10:09 PM (in response to Wengib)

I've got the same problem, except I hook my iPhone to my car stereo for the long commute to work. My iTunes is set up to a smart playlist so all I have to do is plug in my phone to my computer in the morning before I head off and I'm ready to go. Well, at least I used to be ready:(

• doclochte Level 2 Level 2 (330 points)
    Sep 21, 2012 10:12 PM (in response to Wengib)

Download the podcast app in the app store...its all there still, they just moved the data.

• Diavonex Level 9 Level 9 (58,565 points)
    Sep 21, 2012 10:12 PM (in response to Wengib)

Did you look inside the Podcast App?

• Lizarrd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Sep 21, 2012 10:32 PM (in response to Diavonex)

Yes, I downloaded the podcast app. But the play list is what's missing. The smart playlist that used organize all my podcasts for one long simple listen is gone and there's no way to set that up anymore. My Honda was set up so all I had to do was plug in my iPhone to the USB cable and my playlist would show up on the display of my car stereo. Now  it's empty and I can't access my smart playlist through my car stereo. I can't even access it through the iPhone and just let it play on its own. It's the smart playlist for my podcast that's missing. Anybody have any ideas of how to set that up Or is this option just simply deprecated?

• Lizarrd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Sep 21, 2012 10:55 PM (in response to Lizarrd)

I found another anomaly. I subscribe to Audible and my Audible New York Times podcast shows up in my iTunes playlist but not in the Podcast app. What's up with that?

• GabrielW Calculating status...
    Sep 22, 2012 10:50 AM (in response to Wengib)

I also have the same problem. I realize this was a first release of the Podcast app but they should have left a legacy way to load playlists in the music app. I would really like to see the Podcast app developed to include user defined playlists!

• janicke73 Calculating status...
    Sep 27, 2012 2:41 PM (in response to Wengib)

this change is driving me crazy! I never used the smart playlist, since I don't just want the "iPod" in my phone to play "all podcasts I haven't yet listened to", I want to hear them in my selected order of "urgency". for example BBC:s global news come out twice a day so they of course get priority over the movie podcast that coumes out once a week and the documentary that comes out once a month. since I listen to podcasts for hours and hours per day - while doing all my chores, driving and on dogwalks - it would mean a lot of unpractical or even dangerous maneuvres to pull up the podcast app & press play again

• Thanosvz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Sep 28, 2012 10:13 PM (in response to Wengib)

Very bad change, pists me off !! Generally all music player change, colours, podcasts, bars, etc.

Without Steve they will start do mistakes I think !

• Katie Catherine Calculating status...
    Oct 19, 2012 8:29 AM (in response to Wengib)

This totally *****! I want my podcast playlist BACK. This iPhone is slowly becoming a useless brick to me. I do not want to have to download my podcasts on my phone and wait for everything to download. Last time I checked, I don't have an unlimited data plan with my carrier. I want to download podcasts on my computer (a PC by the way) via iTunes and move my playlist over to my iPhone. I listen to my podcast playlist while I'm at the gym which has ZERO internet connection. PLUS I don't want to have to find each podcast and click on it to listen to it. I have a playlist set up for a reason.

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.