Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 stuck at "waiting for items to copy"

Just synced my iPhone 5 and I have all apps, music, etc but its stuck at "waiting for items to copy" 6 of 6

what can I do?

iTunes is up to date

Windows Vista

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:16 PM

34 replies

Sep 22, 2012 2:19 AM in response to AramTag

Same problem here...

Syncing my iPhone 5, everything has transferred okay, but the iTunes sync never finishes with "Waiting for items to copy" displayed. This is with iPhone 5, itunes 10.7 on a MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Oh, and I've restarted the Mac and the phone several times, but it still doesn't finish when I sync.

Sep 22, 2012 3:19 AM in response to AramTag

From personal experience, if you "kicked started" your iphone 5 from a restore of an older iphone model through itunes then unplugged the cable before all the apps had transfered then they'll all sit there marked as "waiting". Simply plug your phone back into itunes and let it finish off. I thought the app would finish off downloading over the air but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Sep 22, 2012 12:17 PM in response to AramTag

Yep, a full restore from itunes worked for me too. I plugged in, clicked restore in ITunes and allowed it to backup first before restoring.

When the restore commenced it asked me if I wanted to restore from the backup that I'd just made, which I did. It took a good hour or so for everything to restore and sync back again, but the sync did eventually finish properly and subsequent syncs over wifi and though the cable all finish fine now.

iPhone 5 stuck at "waiting for items to copy"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.