Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use passbook?

Updating to ios6 included Passbook which opens showing several apparent capabilities. The only part of the face that responds is "the App Store". How can I find out how it works?

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:17 PM

5 replies

Sep 24, 2012 8:04 AM in response to doclochte

Okay, I know that whatever we got with ios 6 would also be included on the iPhone 5 so I went to the new phone's manual and there was a section about the Passbook features. That explained a few things like probably being able to receive gift cards, etc. through our email. Unlike the iPhone which uses satellite we may have to rely on wifi in certain circumstances. Not sure yet how this will play out. Am thinking about sending myself a gift card to see how (if) it works. The manual talks about apps that are suited to the Passbook but doesn't name them. Hope this helps.

Sep 25, 2012 6:23 AM in response to doclochte

Yes, it appears vague to me also. When I went on the Target site there is a video about how to add gift cards to your mobile phone. I suspect that when this is done it will show up in Passbook. Yesterday I suddenly was able to get to Apps for Passbook instead of the former crashing that you speak of. The apps are meager;I installed a couple that I thought I might use in the future (United Airlines, Target) in put them all together in a group. So I agree I think this appears to be still in its infancy and for iPod touches would still depend on wifi.

How to use passbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.