4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2012 6:22 AM by Maxime Bernaert
maumaga Level 1 (0 points)

After updating to iOS 6 and Mac OS X 10.8.2, I chose to integrate my Facebook account into both my iPhone and my MacBook.

Since then, some contacts were merged/linked automatically. The ones that weren't I merged myself on my MacBook.

The thing is: the ones that I merged manually on my Macbook weren't merged on iPhone... Shouldn't iCloud reflect those changes from my Mac on my iPhone? Because of that I currently have 1037 contacts on my iPhone but 925 on Macbook. Could someone help me please? Thanks! ;-)

iPhone 4S, iOS 6
  • everkleer Level 1 (5 points)

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.  I kind of doubt Apple has added a solution for that yet, since your Facebook account is not yet synced through iCloud; it is set up independantly on each device.

However I hope you can help me, I cannot figure out how to manually link contacts on my Mac; there is no Add Link button like there is on the phone...

• everkleer Level 1 (5 points)

Ah, I figured it out.  I had been looking for a button like in iOS, and when I didn't find that I used the help menu to search the menus for "Link."  Finally I thought to look for the word "merge," but it's kind of un-Apple like to use a different interface, and different terminology, for the two...

• Snoomy Level 1 (0 points)

Having the same issue. But the problem is about 4 devices: 2 macs, iPhone and iPad; with over 200 Facebook contacts!

Seems like a horrible mess to make link about 1000 times one by one manually! %-\

• Maxime Bernaert Level 1 (0 points)

I am also having the same problem. Merged my facebook contacts with contacts on my macbook manually, but no sync is done with my iPhone and iPad...