Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applying rule to delete message with "no sender"

Trying to reduce this onslaught of junk mail that Mail indicates has "no sender" (although I didn't think that was possible, but spammers are a clever bunch of scum). Leaving the filed blank doesn't work obviously, nor does typing "(no sender)". Online help is not any.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 8:40 PM

... Leaving the filed blank doesn't work obviously, nor does typing "(no sender)".

Try

Header 1Header 2Header 3
FromDoes not contain@

A valid email address must contain a @ character, right?

Same logic applies to a . (dot) character if you want to try that. I have never seen an email address not in the form spam@foo.bar

Let me know if this works. I don't know how to send an email to myself with nothing in the "from" field so I can't test it. Not clever or scummy enough I suppose.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2012 8:40 PM in response to Will Salley1

... Leaving the filed blank doesn't work obviously, nor does typing "(no sender)".

Try

Header 1Header 2Header 3
FromDoes not contain@

A valid email address must contain a @ character, right?

Same logic applies to a . (dot) character if you want to try that. I have never seen an email address not in the form spam@foo.bar

Let me know if this works. I don't know how to send an email to myself with nothing in the "from" field so I can't test it. Not clever or scummy enough I suppose.

Applying rule to delete message with "no sender"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.