Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else experiencing strange behaviour using the App Store/iTunes

I'm having a strange problem with both iTunes and the App Store apps. Searching for items is hit or miss, sometimes no results are returned or tiles are missing their pics etc. Clicking on a item of interest like a TV show, for example, brings up the details page but sometimes the individual episodes descriptions/pics won't load.

The first time I used the new App Store it was showing me GBP currency instead of CDN. I checked my settings and my location was set as Canada, so it definitely wasn't a settings issue on my end. Killing the app and going back in seemed to fix the problem.

I was just browsing some new games when I ran into another problem, prompting me to post here. I clicked on a game's icon/tile to access the details page, but nothing happened. Clicked it again thinking it was me and this time the tile showed as depressed but nothing happened. Clicked another tile and it depressed as well (and the first tile stayed in that state too) but the details page didn't load.

I definitely think there are a few bugs in the new App Store/iTunes apps. Very annoying as there are a few purchases that I'd like to make but can't. Argh.

This all started after upgrading to iOS 6, which has otherwise been fine so far.

Anyone else having similar problems?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + 4G, iOS 5.1

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 8:05 PM

3 replies

Sep 25, 2012 5:12 AM in response to joelfromcanada

YES! I am having a lot of AppStore problems since iOS 6. My 2 main issues are:

1. AppStore crashes constantly or will just sit & spin then does nothing at all.

2. If I search for a specific App, making sure my spelling is correct, AppStore will NOT bring the app up. Instead, it will bring up unrelated apps.

Podcasts app does the same thing, as well as jumbling up dates. Very impossible to find the correct episode.

APPLE, please tell me you are reading this and that a fix is quickly under way!!

Sep 30, 2012 9:26 PM in response to joelfromcanada

I'm having some of the same problems with the iTunes Store. However, the big problem I just noticed is when I try to buy an app, I am told I have to accept the agreement. I accept the agreement. Then it asks if I still want to by the app. I say yes and it tells me I have to sign the agreement. It stays in this loop so that I am unable to purchase apps.

Anyone else experiencing strange behaviour using the App Store/iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.