Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download entire library via itunes match ios6?

Just purchased iPhone 5 - got home after restoring from an icloud backup. Everything is working great, except when I tried to sync my 20gigs of music from itunes on my mac, there wasn't an option as I am using itunes match. All the artists show up under music on the phone, but other than opting to download each artist one by one, there isn't a way to download your entire library onto the phone. Anyone know how to do this? I got a 64 GB phone specifically because I was tired of struggling with itunes match previously...

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 9:39 PM

4 replies

Sep 22, 2012 1:18 PM in response to p2xb

It sounds like you got past the syncing issue - but the solution I would have recommend would be to turn off iTunes Match on the phone, then sync (all the old options in iTunes are back at this point), then turn iTunes Match back on.

The difference in the counts and file sizes are probably due to two things - 1. not every file is "eligible" for iTunes Match, so those will only appear on your Mac (pdfs of liner notes, videos, etc) and 2. files that get uploaded instead of matched may be re-encoded at a lower bit rate - for instance if you have an apple lossless file on your Mac, you'll end up with a 256Kb m4a on your phone through Match.

Download entire library via itunes match ios6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.