Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi-touch gestures on iPad not working with iOS 6

I have the new iPad and have used multitouch gestures for everything. After downloading iOS 6, the multitouch gestures hardly work at all. Before, I could activate the gestures with a simple flick of the wrist, but now it takes several attempts to get the same results. Is anyone else having these problems, and does anyone know if Apple is aware of this situation? Hopefully this is something gets fixed soon, because it has made browsing and app-switching very cumbersome and tedious.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 2:00 AM

10 replies

Oct 10, 2012 3:00 PM in response to RafaelV

I had 3 fingers zoom active indeed. I agree that after disabling 3 thingrs zoom feature, the multi finger actions works better. Anyway, it's rather workaround than a solution. What's more, in my case 5 finger action was also affected.

And of course I'd like to have my 3 fingers zoom back enabled not disturbing any other multifinger actions.

Thanks RafaelV for your solution.

Jun 27, 2013 1:29 PM in response to getabrain

Didn't even know about these gestures. Very cool. Too bad they don't enable them on the iPhone - would save the Home button from a lot of use!

The 'pinch to home screen' feature works reliably when you have your thumb and pinkie on the screen at the same height from the bottom of the screen and then do the pinch motion -- like this:

M

I R

T P

I can't get it work with 4 fingers, but with all 5 works almost all the time.

Multi-touch gestures on iPad not working with iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.