Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't merge contacts...

OK, getting pretty much crazy here.

For a long time, I had some issues with my trio which are: Mac Pro, iPhone 4s and iPad 3. As my iPhone 5 should be here next week, I wanted to clean up a bit the mess I added for the last 5 years or so.

Fundamentally, I had several email accounts on my iPhone including one from my job (Outlook). I did import or added contacts from the Outlook contacts to my iPhone and everything was going fine until I decided to delete my job account (as I don't work for that company anymore). Problem is, as soon as I deleted this account, all contacts that were related to this account disappeared…

This is of course not something I wanted. Fortunately, this was done on my iPhone only. In order to recover those contacts, I hooked the iPhone to my Mac and did a sync contacts. That’s when it got worse as after synchronization, all those contacts missing on the iPhone were also missing on my Mac!

So, the only place where all those contacts are left, is on the iPad! Now, before losing them all on the iPad too… I followed instructions in order to clean all historical syncs and I added one fake contact on the iPad in order to get the message “do you want to merge?”. After sync, nothing happened! All contacts are still on the iPad but Contact on my Mac didn’t get the missing contacts from the iPad!

Of course, I tried to add a couple fake contacts on the iPad and on the Mac just to see if this message could appear but nothing works.

As this I’m getting quiet desperate here, I’m seeking for some help…

Thanks in advance!

T

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iTunes 10.7 with Montain Lion

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 4:46 AM

There are no replies.

Can't merge contacts...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.