Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect Mail count on iCloud account in Mail on MacBook Pro only; running Lion

My iCloud account in Mail always displays 1 unread email message even when all are read or if there are multiple unread emails. The iCloud account on the iPhone displays the read email count correctly. iCloud mail works properly in every other aspect.

MacBook Pro 17, Mac OS X (10.7), iMac 24 iPhone 4 iPad 2

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 5:36 AM

7 replies

Sep 22, 2012 7:32 AM in response to Csound1

Actually, when you choose the "Unread Mail only" option it removed the ability to pick which mailbox to designate, so it chose all mail messages, even those I had in imported mailboxes and are offline. I had to go in and mark all of those as "read" even though they were offline, (during the "archive" process it remarked all of them as unread) so that I could eliminate them as a source of the problem.

This issue occured after I had to do a clean install of Lion a while back due to a problem with the OS install the first time around. I've just lived with it. I just upgraded to iOS6 on my iPhone and was building the courage to install Mountain Lion. I figured I should resolve the iCloud problem before I went down that road.

I want to avoid having to go through the clean install process again.

Incorrect Mail count on iCloud account in Mail on MacBook Pro only; running Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.