7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2012 9:19 PM by ladyljd
KMP4 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I've only had my ipad (3) for about 4 months but everything worked so well and was so easy....since updating to IOS 6 yesterday morning...nothing but problems.   I wish I had not updated and would recommend people wait for a fix for these issues prior to updating.

However, my questions is....does anyone else notice that everything is just much slower now..slower to load...slower is most ways...after the IOS 6 update?

• Diavonex Level 9 Level 9 (66,450 points)

Try a reset:

1. Hold the Sleep and Home button down (together)

2. For about 10 seconds

3. Until you see the Apple logo (very important)

4. Ignore the red slider

• KMP4 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the response; however, I have heard of so many people losing everything after a re-set so I'm reluctant to do that...particularly, after I spent all day yesterday dealing with IOS 6 problems...!   Thank you again anyway though.

• Diavonex Level 9 Level 9 (66,450 points)

A reset will not delete anything.

• alanfromnewtownards Level 5 Level 5 (5,260 points)

Connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer, right click on it (in left pane) and do a Restore to see if it speeds up.

• KMP4 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I will do a re-set but a re-store definitely is a drastic measure and erases everything on your iPad...

Thanks everyone!

• JCHoff Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have an iPad2 and upgraded to ios6  two days ago.  Went from 10 to 20 second load times to nearly 2 minutes. Hard reset did not work for me.  Really really regretting I "upgraded".  My Windows (vista) computer loads faster.

• ladyljd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I bought my ipad3 the day it launched.  Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trusting Apple and installing IOS6 last night.  My favorite game apps now run too slowly for enjoyable play thanks to the Apple's genius.  Thanks guys!