Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Battery Life?

After about 12 hours of using iPhone 5 with mixed LTE and wifi, I am cautiously optimistic that the battery drain issues that I had to live with on my last iPhone may not be present on the iPhone 5. Does anyone have a sense yet as to the iPhone 5 battery drain rate, especially on LTE as opposed to 3G or wifi?

iPhone 5, iOS 6, White 64GB Verizon

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 6:16 AM

7 replies

Sep 25, 2012 9:52 PM in response to LitterMines

Yea I figured I would find people on here with issues. My battery life is way worse than my 4. I have used my phone half a dozen times to text in the morning and it went from 100% at 7am to 43% by noon. It's practically been in my pocket all morning while in school. I turned off the LTE, as many location services as possible and even restored twice. Same problems. Any ideas?? COME ON APPLE!!!!!!

Sep 26, 2012 10:39 AM in response to thegoat1996

So I have an update with iPhone 5 battery issue. I have read a few posts and found some helpful tips. My phone was almost dead each day when I charged it to 100% by morning and by evening it was less than 10%. No apps or movies or browsing really was used that day. Only about 45 mins of usage the rest was standby I'm sorry I don't have the numbers. But I knew right away it wasn't right the speed the battery was dropping from idle time. So I connected my iPhone to my iTunes on my laptop. I did a complete system restore removing the OS6 and reinstalling in case there was in issue there. I also set up as a new phone after that was done not from a restore of my iPhone 4 or even the initial iPhone 5 restore point I had. Once set up I added th apps I normally use, music and even some video. I charged it over night unplugged my phone around 830 this am. At 1020am the battery was still 100% dramatic improvement from yesterday. I am even writing this at 1037am and its at 99% and I have about 30 mins of usage this am an the rest idle time. So far so good. If your having troubles I recommend trying a complete restore and set up as new phone. I also turned off all spotlight searches and LTE and push from my email to just check it manually. I have Bluetooth and wifi on and location services. So I am using it the way I did before. Hasn't dropped 1% the entire time I wrote this freakin long thing. Good luck. Beats waiting for a new one.

Oct 1, 2012 8:43 AM in response to LitterMines

I haven't had too much problem with my battery life. I guess since i came from an Android and the iphone 5 is much better then what had. the thing the kills my battery the most seems to be a combination the the screen usage and bluetooth. sinc ei leave bluetooth always on and it connects to my car which seems to kill 2-3% in a 35 min commute to work.

iPhone 5 Battery Life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.