Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make ringtones in GarageBand

Hi,

I updated to iOS 6 and updated GarageBand. How do you make a ringtone in the app? When I click on iTunes in the app I get no songs are available to copy.

iPad 2, Other OS, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 6:15 AM

9 replies

Sep 23, 2012 2:09 PM in response to kronos46

I updated to iOS 6 and updated GarageBand.

You now are running GarageBand 1.3, right?

When I click on iTunes in the app I get no songs are available to copy.

You can add audio from the Loop Browser; there are now tree tabs: Apple Loops, Audio Files, Music.

Your iTunes songs appear in the Music tab. But what you see there, is restricted to local files on your iPad, and you see only files that are not subject to digital rights managements - no protected audio. Is the song that you want to use local on your iPad and and not DRM protected?

Once you have mixed your song from loops, shared audio files or iTunes songs - and have made sure it is no longer than 30 seconds, do the following:

1. Go to the "My Songs" view.
  2. Press the "Edit" button and tap a song, until it wiggles.
  3. Press the "Share" button
  4. Select: Share Song as Ringtone and enter a name.
  5. Press "Export". This will add the Ringtone to the "File sharing" area for GarageBand in iTunes.
  6. In the "Ringtone Export Successful" panel press "Use Sound as" and select, how you want to use it or press "o.k"

Regards

Léonie

Sep 23, 2012 4:38 PM in response to kronos46

Select an instrument, and when the touch instrument is displayed, you should see the controlbar on top of the window.

User uploaded file

The View button User uploaded filelets you switch between the instruments view and the track view. Click the three parallel lines to switch to track view. Now - in track view only - the Loop Browser (the little bow icon) should be available to the right of the control bar.

User uploaded file

Tap the User uploaded file to open the loop browser and access the Music app to add songs from your iTunes library.

How to make ringtones in GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.