Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app plays instead of podcast app with earbud remote

I listen to podcasts instead of music but when I use the earbud remote to turn my current podcast back on the music app comes on. I've stopped it from the background every time but it still keeps coming back on. There is no music on my iPhone. When I upgraded my software I was listening to the nerdist on the music app. Now there is no podcast tab to try to delete it. I don't even know how it's playing because its not showing up. Is there some way to set priority to the podcast app instead of the music? How do I delete the nerdist from the music app when it not showing up? Maybe if I could get rid of that there wouldn't be anything in the music app to make it take over???

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 7:43 AM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2012 3:21 PM in response to Bethw810

First delete the podcast app and reinstall it. After the podcast app has installed you can delete the file(s) from the podcast app and it shouldn't start the episode in the music app anymore. I was having the same issues and found that works.

If you aren't familiar with the podcast app yet the following should help -- if there is the down arrow next to the episode you can stream by clicking on the episode over wifi or 3G/4G. Depending on the size of the podcast you can click the arrow and download the episode I believe under 30 megs on 3G/4G and (of course) any size on wifi. Finally to delete any episode from the podcast library just, swipe your finger across the title and click delete - the same way you delete emails and most other files from iOS.

Music app plays instead of podcast app with earbud remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.