Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How are people buying the iPhone 5 in bulk?

There was a guy in line next to my friend at the Aplle store handing out tons of cash for people to buy him a second iPhone. He handed each person $800 to buy him one. I though hmmm how could this possibly work? My buddy got a new iPhone 5 while I'm happy with my 4 and not ready to upgrade but I thought free money, who could turn that down. I got two cards from the Apple rep (Apparently you had to have a card to be guaranteed a phone) and told the guy give me $1600 I'll get you two. Well when the Apple rep handed me the two phones he said each has to be tired to a line and my current phone will automatically be diasbled as soon as I buy the 5. Well that wasn't going to happen so I told the money man I wasn't interested. Apparently he got about 5 phones and each person got $800. How did this work? As far as I can think, the person who took the guy's money now has a phone in their nane that for $800 they handed to some dude who will probably put them on eBay. Thankfully I was smart enough not to partake.

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 8:14 AM

There are no replies.

How are people buying the iPhone 5 in bulk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.