Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with iOS 6.0 - Crashed my iPhone? Having trouble restoring it...

I tried to download the iOS 6.0 update last night, but now all I have is a black screen that alternates between the loading wheel and the apple icon. My iTunes is not recognizing it when I connect it with my USB to try and address the problem. This has been ongoing for the past 12-13 hours... Help???

I updated all my laptop software. This didn't fix anything...

iPhone 4, iOS 6, iOS 6.0 crash trouble

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 11:26 AM

Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons until the iPhone restarts. This usually takes about 10 seconds of holding both buttons. If still problem you should Restore your iPhone with iTunes on computer. Here are simple steps. Open iTunes on computer. Connect iPhone to computer. Hold both home and power buttons until iTunes recognizes iPhone in Recovery Mode. Usually takes about 20 seconds of holding both buttons. Click Restore Button of iTunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2012 11:26 AM in response to franem01

Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons until the iPhone restarts. This usually takes about 10 seconds of holding both buttons. If still problem you should Restore your iPhone with iTunes on computer. Here are simple steps. Open iTunes on computer. Connect iPhone to computer. Hold both home and power buttons until iTunes recognizes iPhone in Recovery Mode. Usually takes about 20 seconds of holding both buttons. Click Restore Button of iTunes.

Trouble with iOS 6.0 - Crashed my iPhone? Having trouble restoring it...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.