3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2012 1:01 PM by Crailz
Crailz Level 1 Level 1

Hey. I have an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2. Both non-jailbroken and the iPhone 4S is factory locked. So it only works on one carrier. I want to update to iOS 6 on both of them. It gets to almost end of the installation and then i get download error on both of them. I tried with iTunes to update it and when it gets to backup there it fails . It says : "Backup Failed. Re-connect iPhone and try again." or something like that. Any help please? I'm running iOS 5.1.1 on both , 16GB version on both of them and iPad is Wifi. Also running Windows 7 32bit. Help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, Products : iPhone 4S and iPad 2
Solved by Crailz on Sep 22, 2012 1:01 PM Solved

Resolved. Tried to install 5.1.1 and it restored back to my previous backup (all apps , photos etc!)

Fix : Get error 3194 and then it will work!

sorry for 2x post!

• diesel vdub Level 7 Level 7

The best way to get help is to be as specific about what is occurring as possible, that means providing the exact error messages being displayed.

Alternatively, you can search the forums and google for the errors that are occurring.

• Crailz Level 1 Level 1

I got to install iOS 6 via iTunes. Now , it's stuck at "Preparing iPhone for restore" . Help please? I would like to call to Apple but this iPhone is my only phone.

• Crailz Level 1 Level 1

Resolved. Tried to install 5.1.1 and it restored back to my previous backup (all apps , photos etc!)

Fix : Get error 3194 and then it will work!

sorry for 2x post!