Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage not sending/reciving; email app not pushing messages

I know people have been reporting on here about imessage not sending or recieving messages as well as some users reporting that apple's email app is not pushing messages.

However on my ipad 2, i have found that when imessage is not sending/receiving messages, the email app is not pushing or fetching email messages as well. When imessage is working correctly, the email app is pushing and fetching email messages.

I know it's not my internet connection because i can browse the web with safari and use all my other apps just fine when neither are working. I have tried sveral solutions that have been posted on here including restoring the device, reseting all settings, signing in and out of all my accounts, reinstalling email accounts, reseting the device, etc...

eventually i can get both working again if I sign out of my accounts enough times, or reset the device enough times. What i have noticed is that whenever i turn the wifi off and then back on again, imessage stops working and the email app stops pushing messages (though i can manually fetch the messages still) and i have to try one of the methods i mentioned earlier until it starts working again.

all of this only started to occur once i installed ios 6 on the device

Has anyone else experienced this?

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 10:11 AM

1 reply

imessage not sending/reciving; email app not pushing messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.