Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Express Extend Wireless Networks (Multiple)

I've got an AirPort Extreme with these wireless networks:

• AirPort Network
  • AirPort Network 5GHz
  • AirPort Guest Network

I've also got an AirPort Express which I would like to extend these wireless networks with (at least the first two), however the settings only allow me to select one of these wireless network.

I considered connecting the two AirPorts via ethernet, but then thought the two wireless networks would likely clash?

If anyone could advice me as to what I should do, that would be perfect, many thanks.

AirPort Express-OTHER

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 10:51 AM

I've also got an AirPort Express which I would like to extend these wireless networks with (at least the first two), however the settings only allow me to select one of these wireless network.

If you have a "new" AirPort Express with dual band wireless capability, it will both bands using wireless only if you use the same wireless network name for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network on the main AirPort Extreme.

The Guest Network cannot be extended.

If you do have the option to connect the AirPort Express using Ethernet, it can certainly be configured to provide more wireless coverage that way. The networks will not "clash".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2012 10:51 AM in response to iAlias

If you have a "new" AirPort Express with dual band wireless capability, it will both bands using wireless only if you use the same wireless network name for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network on the main AirPort Extreme.

The Guest Network cannot be extended.

If you do have the option to connect the AirPort Express using Ethernet, it can certainly be configured to provide more wireless coverage that way. The networks will not "clash".

AirPort Express Extend Wireless Networks (Multiple)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.