Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to join the network "blank"

So I updated to iOS6 on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 right after one another at work. After the update, when I click on the network I usually connect to on my phone at work and type in the password and click join, it pops up with a message saying "unable to joint the network "ch!ro". The strange thing is, it connects to other networks (aka my home network) but just not my work network. Another strange thing: my iPad connected to it just fine and continues to connect to it fine. I have tried many things including turning my phone on/off, resetting the network settings, doing a hard reset on the phone, doing a hard reset while in airplane mode, turning it on/off in airplane mode, turning it on/off with cellular data turned off, hard resetting with cellular data or wifi turned off and on, then trying to connect, resetting my router and my modem (which ALL other devices and computers are having no trouble to connecting), and a few other suggestions I've found online, but none of it works. I keep getting that same message after typing in my password (and yes its the right password before anyone suggests that I make sure its right - i confirmed by forgetting the network on my iPad and typing it in again - and it worked!). If anyone has any other suggestions or has a similar problem, please comment below. My thinking is if enough people raise a stink about this, apple will hopefully fix it soon. Because my data plan is only a 1 GB / month, and it's going to get eaten up quickly without wifi connectivity.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 10:44 AM

1 reply

Unable to join the network "blank"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.