Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(4th gen. iPod) How do I uninstall iOS6, and return back to iOS5..

I have been unable to sync my purchases from my iTunes to my Ipod (4th gen)... My computer wont even recognize my iPod!!!

This is really frusterating, and I've never had a problem with Apple products before! Really was considering getting the iPhone 5, and keeping my iPod for music and whatever... I just don't understand the problem! I know there must be bugs, but is there any way I can just click somewhere and restore my settings back to iOS5??

Please help!!!

iPod touch (3rd generation), iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 10:47 AM

6 replies

Nov 12, 2015 1:43 PM in response to MPM88

It looks as if your iPod battery maybe dead.

Maybe you should take your iPod into Apple for diagnosis.

If, in all of this time, you have never, EVER made a backup of your iPod on a computer running iTunes and your iPod is dead, it is too late to save your data.

Mobile devices ARE mobile computers and as such can fail over a period of time.

You should always find a way to backup ALL of your important data on any computer or device.

Another backup alternative is using and (paying for extra monthly storage, if needed) Apple's iCloud.

As it stands now, you may end of losing all of your important data.

Sorry.

😟

(4th gen. iPod) How do I uninstall iOS6, and return back to iOS5..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.