Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Lion on my 13" pro and have kept it up to date. Today I had a message about the need to update firmware. I pressed restart and there was language about the screen ging gray. I think it said for a few minutes. It has been 3 hrs. is this a problem?.

I got an alert to update firmware. When I click for restart a message the screen would gray and and it might ake a few minutes. That was about three hours ago and it is still gray and sitting there. Is this to be expected? What could/should I do? I am typing this on an ipad because the Macboob Pro is currently useless.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 11:55 AM

1 reply

Sep 22, 2012 12:39 PM in response to bhestir

With Firmware updates, Apple will usually offer instructions to complete the update, since they require an additional step to complete. It sounds like you haven't finished the Firmware update completely.

Since it's your computer and investment, I wouldn't risk it and would visit your local Apple Store and let them solve the problem. In the meantime, read this link from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1557?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

...to bring you up to date on the procedure.

I have Lion on my 13" pro and have kept it up to date. Today I had a message about the need to update firmware. I pressed restart and there was language about the screen ging gray. I think it said for a few minutes. It has been 3 hrs. is this a problem?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.