Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wi-fi on 4s greyed out after updating to IOS 6

I'm using an iPhone 4S 64GB (white). I just updated it to IOS 6 and at first it seems ok until I found out that the wi-fi is greyed out and there's no way for me to turn it on. I tried everything and even restored from backup and even doing a hard reset.... Please provide solution.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 12:03 PM

6 replies

Sep 22, 2012 9:47 PM in response to macjune

i had the same issue with my 4s after updating to ios 6. we have 4 identical iphone 4s phones in the family and mine was the only one with the problem. called apple, they were no help, said it was a known problem and said they would email me if they had any updates on the issue. i took my phone into the apple store and they replaced it with a new 4s and even threw in a new screen protector.

Oct 19, 2012 2:54 AM in response to macjune

Apple Genius showed me how to fix this today!!!!! And it worked!

1. Back up iPhone as always (just in case)

2. Goto settings

3. Select Reset

4. Select Reset All Setting

NOTE: Your data all remains in tact, but you will need to reconfigure you iPhone (eg wallpaper, ringtone selection, mail signature etc as they will return to the defaults).

My iPhone 4S not has wifi and Bluetooth back!

wi-fi on 4s greyed out after updating to IOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.