Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want Facebook friends synced to Contacts.

In order to use Facebook from Preview and other apps, I need to login to Facebook. But then it says when I do that all Facebook friends will be imported into my Contacts, which I do not want. But I DO want to be able to sync Contacts through iCloud to my other devices. So how do I enable Facebook, not let it download friends to my Contacts, but keep other Facebook iCloud syncs?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 12:00 PM

8 replies

Mar 14, 2017 3:09 PM in response to ACQ88

ACQ88 wrote:

I agree, I don't want to clog up my contacts with "aquaintances", my posts are for friends only so why do they automatically throw those "acquaintances" in my contact list on my iPhone, desktop & iPad? Apple get off the FB kick

No one, not even Apple, is requiring you to link Facebook to your contacts. It is a feature that you can use or not, as you please.

And, Apple isn't reading here. If you'd like to leave them a suggestion, use the feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Sep 22, 2012 1:13 PM in response to dcmenzel

OK, if I go where you said and enter my Facebook info, I get this message: "Signing into Facebook will: Download your Facebook friends to the Contadcts app...Allow you to post status update etc to Facebook...Enable apps to work with your Facebook account. In System Prefs you can disable Contacts syncing and disallow any app from accessing your Facebook account."

So it sounds like I only have two choices: To have all my Facebook friends in my Contacts (which I don't want; what a mess to scroll past them all on my phone) or to disable Contacts syncing, which will not allow all my contacts to stay synced between devices, right?

Aug 28, 2015 5:36 PM in response to James Glynn

I hate Facebook. Unfortunately I am a web developer and my customers need/want Facebook presence so I have to administer their pages. And to do that you need an account. It is ugly, poorly laid out, forces you to do stupid stuff like this, and dumps the lowest-class adds imaginable: not to mention that little idiot Mark Zuckerburg's posts. Now I have to go through my contacts and get rid of them all. No more Facebook in the iPhone! I should have known they'd do something like that.

I don't want Facebook friends synced to Contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.