Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod was in the process of updating iOS6 however it died. My iPod now wont turn on, and when I plug it in, it shows the apple logo and then either goes white, blue or black. It doesn't show up on My Computer or iTunes.

Pretty much in the title.

How can I fix my iPod?

It doesnt show on My Computer or iTunes. The Power & Task Button just skips it, loads the apple logo and then the screen again goes black/white/blue. There's no way at all that I can access files, or use my iPod.

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 1:01 PM

If you've already tried to reset it (hold power and home button down until it shuts off) Then try putting the device in DFU mode.

To put the device in DFU mode, connect the device to iTunes and hold both the power button and the home button down, after 10 seconds, release the power button but leave the home button pressed until it goes into DFU mode. iTunes should then recognize that the device has entered DFU mode and ask to restore.

~Lt. Leviathan

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2012 1:01 PM in response to daleb95

If you've already tried to reset it (hold power and home button down until it shuts off) Then try putting the device in DFU mode.

To put the device in DFU mode, connect the device to iTunes and hold both the power button and the home button down, after 10 seconds, release the power button but leave the home button pressed until it goes into DFU mode. iTunes should then recognize that the device has entered DFU mode and ask to restore.

~Lt. Leviathan

Dec 9, 2012 1:28 PM in response to kimdchaney

kinmdchaney,

The solution to this thread should also fix your situation.

Here they are layed out for you. Try these in order until your issue is resolved:

1. Reset the Device:

Hold the power button and the home button down until the device shuts off, then power it back on and see if the problem is resolved.

2. Put the device in DFU mode:

Connect the device to iTunes

Hold both the power button and the home button down simultaneously

After 10 seconds, release the power button but leave the home button pressed

iTunes should then recognize that the device has entered DFU mode and ask to restore.

3. Put the device into recovery mode:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Have you already tried these recommendations but to no avail?

4. Try draining your device and charge it back up for about 10 minutes or more, then try step 2 or 3 again.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Lt. Leviathan

My iPod was in the process of updating iOS6 however it died. My iPod now wont turn on, and when I plug it in, it shows the apple logo and then either goes white, blue or black. It doesn't show up on My Computer or iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.