Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iTunes Library file cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-54)

I'm on an iMac running OSX 10.7.4 with iTunes version 10.7. I just started getting the above error message. It keeps popping up, no matter how many times I try to make it go away. It seems like everything is still functioning, but I just can't get the message to stop popping up. Help!

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 4:57 PM

3 replies

Sep 27, 2012 2:55 AM in response to parkhurstta

I am having this problem also. I have been getting this error for almost a month now. Syncing issues accompany this as well. Errors include "iTunes library file cannot be saved. Not enough memory available.", "iTunes cannot copy file because file cannot be written","iTunes cannot copy to disk Windows 7 Home Premium. Device is not connected". How can my C: drive NOT be connected?

I have tried uninstalling every trace of iTunes and it components to no avail.

This only started happening when I started backing up to iCloud. While trying to update apps in the App Store, I get random Apple ID popups asking for passwords to accounts that belong to people I don't even know.

The iTunes Library file cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-54)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.