2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2012 9:02 PM by AndrewBen
AndrewBen Level 1 (55 points)

I was watching The Dictator on my 2012 MacBook Pro and I saw a bug crash land on my keyboard and then I saw it crawl under the #2 key.

So, will it die in a few days?

Will it eat parts of the computer? (obviously no)

Should I let it die and not worry about it?

I don't know, i was just curious, so if anyone has any solutions to get the bug out, please leave a reply.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)
  • Courcoul Level 6 (12,725 points)

Put a little bug food nearby to entice it out?

This is what's under the key, which I documented after my caps lock key popped off (since then repaired). As you can see, no route for the bug to get further inside and not much room either. You'll probably hear a crunch next time you type a 2..... 

(Click on the pic for a zoom)

• AndrewBen Level 1 (55 points)

I think that answers my question 

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out, but I'm not planning on taking out the key though.   The bug wasn't BIG at all, it was a really tiny bug; it was <-----> that long im guessing.

Oh and I didn't hear a crunch noise, thankfully . Its too small to do that.

For now I'll just leave it in there. The bug was tiny like I said, and will most likely not do anything and die harmlessly in my computer. I'll probably have it cleaned out in a couple years before my Apple Care warranty expires.