Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX audio problems

I have a lot of audio problems with some clips imported into FCPX.

I have a real normal clip in most cases, with audio that plays regularly, 100% audio on any media player.

But when I import it to FCPX, it has those waveforms that indicate that there is audio in the clip, but when I play the clip in FCPX, it starts off great, but in the middle, the audio just cuts, and I have a video where there is no audio where the audio is supposed to be.

Any solutions? I don't think it's the video's fault, nor my computer's problem. 😕 Mabye it's the external hard drive that's causing these problems, as I'm using a external hard drive to make these videos.

The video I made that didn't have audio in the middle was made in Motion.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 6:25 PM

9 replies

Sep 22, 2012 7:59 PM in response to Horace from seoul

Motion can be flakey about audio. How did you share your motion video? If you used export movie are you sure you included video and audio in the popup window on the first screen? If you saved as a FCPX generator/effect then audio does not come over to FCP. These are possibilities if my assumption is correct that the whole motion clip has no audio. It was not clear in your post.

FCPX audio problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.