Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The lcd screen of my 15-inch Macbook Pro (mid 2009) is separating from the case. The glue failed due to the heat. How can I get Apple to fix this factory flaw?

The heat vented from the back of the laptop caused the glue to fail and now the screen is separating from back of the lcd case near the hinges. I know for a fact that this issue is known by Apple as I have seen the issue reported at least a dozen times. This laptop was considerably more expensive than any comparable laptop at the time I bought it. I bought it believing that I was buying a quality product from a quality company. I've owned many laptops and I have never seen anything like this. My laptop is out of warranty but this is really besides the point. This is clearly a factory defect that Apple should remedy. What do I need to do to get Apple to fix this design flaw?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 7:02 PM

2 replies

The lcd screen of my 15-inch Macbook Pro (mid 2009) is separating from the case. The glue failed due to the heat. How can I get Apple to fix this factory flaw?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.