Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Pair With MacBook Pro

When I try to pair them, the iPad and computer find each other. The computer provides a number that should appear on the iPad but it doesn't. After a while, the computer stops the process. On the iPad, I touch the computer label and the iPad continues its process for a while and just goes to Connection Failed. The computer is MacBook Pro, OS 10.8.2. Thanks

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, New iPad

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 8:19 PM

Data transfer over blue tooth is not supported.

iPad support keyboards and speakers.

5 replies

Oct 20, 2012 4:07 PM in response to Dr. Dave

I too was having problems with BT pairing on all my devices after Lion update - here's how to fix- shut down your computer, power up and immediatly hold cmd option "r" and "p" (all at the same time) your screen will flash a few times but you want to keep holding the buttons through two cycles of start-up. Release the keys after the second start-up. Then re- pair your BT device and it will work.

I had to do this on my macbook air and mac mini. On the Mac Mini - the system restarted said it was recovering from internet, once it was done all my BT devices worked just fine.

Good luck.

Bluetooth Pair With MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.